- Children 8-13
- Teenagers 12-17
- Adults 18+
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Past Courses
Thanksgiving & Christmas Parade – L.A. & Chicago, November 2019
About: Sing and dance in front of millions of people in Los Angeles and Chicago at two of the US’s biggest celebrations. Think School Spec but on a bigger scale. Televised to over 300 000 000 people across the US and additional viewers online. Take classes in between the parades with industry choreographers and vocal coaches and more
TACP is a world first and one of the best performance opportunities for Australian performers to gain US credits. TACP offers singers and dancers the opportunity to perform live in front of millions of people representing Australia at two of the US’s biggest parades – the McDonald’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in Chicago & the Hollywood Christmas Parade in Hollywood, California. Both these events are televised across the US to hundreds of millions of viewers as well as local media agencies. Both parades are also streamed online to a worldwide audience. The Hollywood Christmas Parade boasts a live audience of over two million people watching and lining the streets. In addition to these performances, students will take masterclasses with amazing industry choreographers and vocal coaches, dance and vocal agents and managers.
• Represent Australia in the opening sequence of the Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade, televised to over 300 million people worldwide.
• Represent Australia in the opening sequence of the Hollywood Christmas Parade, televised to over 350 million people worldwide.
• Perform at the Parade gala dinner on Thanksgiving Eve, then attend the dinner.
• Take a masterclass with senior dance agent from MSA (Triple Threats & dancers) with individual feedback.
• Take a masterclass with senior dance agent from Clear Talent Group (Triple Threats & dancers) with individual feedback.
• Take a masterclass with a choreographer from major TV shows (Triple Threats & dancers).
• Take a masterclass with top US vocal manager (Vocalists and Triple Threats).
• Take a masterclass with top LA vocal agent (Vocalists and Triple Threats).
• Take a masterclass with US television vocal coach (Vocalists and Triple Threats).
• The option to record a song at Paramount Studios, which will provide attendants with a US recording credit. (Everyone)
APPLY ONLINE VIA http://www.aipatdp.com/audition-application/
All auditions are via tape, as our choreographer and musical director are both based in the US.
Applications are now open and decisions will be made within 72 hours of receiving an application. The creative team know exactly what they are looking for.
How to Audition:
Vocalists: Vocalists should send a link of you singing a song – taken no more than six (6) months ago.
As this is a parade project, think ‘big’ numbers. You can do a medley if you’d like. Please make sure your choice is up tempo and shows your vocal range and ability.
Dancers: Dancers you need to download and watch the routines listed below, learn one or both, tape yourself, and send the link to us.
The video can be uploaded on Youtube, Vimeo, or a similar platform. The link must be private or password protected. A well placed iPhone is fine, it doesn’t need to be professionally shot. Please make sure that you are the only dancer in the shot. If you can do ‘tricks’, please loop the music and show us what you can do!
Ages: This program is designed for students aged 17 + yrs.
Dates: 22 November – 2 December 2019
Rehearsals: The Australian rehearsals will be held at AIPA’s studios in Artarmon, Sydney.
EVERYONE IS REQUIRED Saturday 5th, Sunday 6th and Monday 7th October 9.30am – 5.30pm (NSW Labour Day Long weekend)
Singers will be required for additional hours for recording.
Cost: USD $1853.00 (Quad) Please see the FACT Sheet for all details
If I have other questions that aren’t addressed here, what should I do?
Please contact us through the contact form on this website or by calling us. The Sydney office can be contacted on 02 9966 5425 or aipasydneyoffice (On Skype)